Saturday, October 17, 2009

The week's recap and a quilt

My most recent "Hodpodge" quilt. I'm not sure why I love making these so much, but this is my 3rd one and a 4th is in progress.


Thursday - Rich's birthday and a family outing to Whitewater Pizza. All would have been well had Emily been content with a child portion of Mac and Cheese instead of REALLY wanting an adult portion. That's what I love about her - she is not easily swayed.


Wednesday - teaching Beehives to quilt just may be the most challenging thing I've ever done. Seams that are supposed to be nice and straight but resemble the Eastern seaboard make me want to rip my eyes out. But I do manage some genuine praise when someone actually does something correctly. When they come back in 10 years and show me quilts that are making because I got them started, I'll think - wasn't that a great experience!


Tuesday - (Yes, I know I'm going backwards) - 4 hours with a friend's son fixing our computers. It's so nice to be back in business.


Thursday - (do you know the correct order of the days of the week?) - parent/teacher conferences. Always an interesting experience. I let them do most of the talking and they walk away thinking "what a great conference that was!"


Friday - Went out to lunch with some teachers. One of them has a husband out of work. So to earn money, he goes to garage sales Friday mornings, packs everything up and heads for Pasco WA to sell stuff at a swap meet. Curious, I asked why Pasco? Because the Hispanic population up there LOVES buying his stuff for twice as much as he paid for it. Better go check out this swap meet guys - look for Robert from Boise.
Dug a bush out of the front yard that was dying. It's twin on the other side of the driveway is coming out today. Tried pouring boiling water and vinegar on the weeds (instead of Roundup), but wanted to bed to look good TODAY, so I just dug them out instead of waiting to see if the home remedy really worked. Watched a great movie downloaded from Netflix - Betrayed. A must watch.


Today - I woke up around 5:00 a.m. - I go through these cycles where I sleep like a normal person for a while, and then I only need 5 hours or so a night. I really get a lot accomplished in the 5 hour cycles. Read my 2 favorite blogs from Pasco. Got a quilt ready to go on the longarm today. I've been collecting quilting designs online, so I'm ready to do same major practicing.

1 comment:

  1. Nice recap...sounds like you had a busy week! I am sorry I have missed all your calls. We will hook up tomorrow for sure. It sounds like you are doing well! We sure miss you. I was off my game today because I was sick :( But I am going to be back on board tomorrow. We will have to chat! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete