Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Torture


Have I got news for the CIA. It's time to throw out water boarding and substitute yoga...yes, I said yoga. After attending an hour long session yesterday morning, I'm convinced that this practice would be much more effective than any other torture method available. I would have given up my deepest darkest secrets to have been able to get out of that room as fast as possible. The terms down dog, ashtanga, and bhujungasana are words that strike terror in me upon hearing them. Who knew that bending over, putting one arm between your legs, putting your other arm around your back and trying to clasp hands was good for you? I say, if you want to shake your own hand in a tricky way, DO IT IN FRONT OF YOU! Make me eat jalepeno peppers, play Perry Como nonstop, let me sleep on the mattress downstairs, but don't make me go to another yoga class. (OK, maybe I'll try it again tomorrow.)

3 comments:

  1. I love me some yoga! It gets better so maybe try again. It's cool that you tried it at all!

    Oh, and look who's still reading and commenting...that Brad and Jen folk are lame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I actually laughed out loud reading this post. I believe it has to do with the whole sleeping downstairs on that mattress is torture thing. Great job on even trying, I just looked at the people in the yoga class and walked away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah. The mattress downstairs is TERRIBLE. But knowing that I'm sleeping in my old bedroom in my mom's house makes it that much better.

    ReplyDelete