Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We all should be so dedicated. . .


So my YW partner calls me last week to tell me she won't be there this week and that the only member beehive we have will be out of town as well. So there "might" be the one non-member girl who occasionally shows up, but she has called her and informed her that she will be the only girl and it's a Beehive/Deacon activity with the deacons in charge (oh, help!). So I go tonight, thinking I'll only be there for the opening song and then leave. Well....she's there. OK, I'll muddle through a corny Deacon activity in the gym and go home early. What??? We're going to the local swamp to pick up trash??? It's 30 below zero out there and it's almost dark!!!! I talk like crazy in the car on the way to the swamp, telling the only Beehive that I will take her anywhere - do anything - rather than go to the swamp. Oh no, she really wants to go pick up trash. OK, I agree, but I'm staying in the car!!!! So I do and she does and we all go back and eat 3 donuts at the Church. It feels so good to be a dedicated Beehive Leader.
P.S. It's only partly a swamp. It does have walking trails in it and is semi habitable. They did find a "hobo" spot with Top Ramen wrappers. He had moved on.

1 comment:

  1. This is classic. I wouldn't have gone, but you are better than me. It is so fun to have you here this weekend. Thanks for coming.

    ReplyDelete